Earth Hour

Tuesday 29 November 2011

WHY HURT OUR WOMEN AND OUR CHILDREN?

I’m a mother. a sister, a partner and a friend,
I’m not an object on sale or one you can lend, …so
WHY HURT ME?
I’m the one listening to your troubles,
I’m the wiping always wiping your tears,
I’m the one who shares your dreams
As well as your fears…so
WHY HURT ME?
I give birth, one of life’s greatest joys
I do not give birth to useless toys
So everyone born from me
Is sent from above to live a life that’s free
WHY HURT THEM?
So many of us have lost our lives
Whether it can be by the gun or with knives
We, the WOMEN AND CHILDREN
Are sick to the core… AND
WE SAY: ”YOU WILL HURT US NO MORE!!
Message: “After this years 16 Days of activism against Women and Children abuse, let there be no other case of violence, they are also human beings and they deserve to be loved and taken care of.”

SOURCE : http://www.navy.mil.za/archive/0911/091125_16_days_Activism/091126_poem02/article.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment