Earth Hour

Wednesday 8 February 2012

File it Away

Today I learnt that filing it away helps. My day started very well until I saw my lift club driving away without me... So as I was walking to the bus stop a lot of thoughts came to mind... For a moment I was sad but then I chose to count it all pure joy... Just after I had made that mental note a good samaritan gave me a lift to the bus stop, the journey to work was so painless and I got to work a few minutes earlier... The works of the almighty always leave me in AWE!!! Today's email (see below) from Joel and Victoria also confirmed this...


TODAY’S SCRIPTURE
“Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself with great matters, nor with things too profound for me”
(Psalm 131:1, NKJV)



TODAY’S WORD from Joel and Victoria
When things happen in your life that you didn’t plan, do you find yourself trying to reason it all out, or look for a “file,” so to speak, in your mind? What happens when you can’t find a “file” to put it in? What if you can’t make sense of it all?
Here’s the answer: Every one of us needs to create a file in our thinking called an “I Don’t Understand It” file. When things come up that don’t make sense and you can’t figure out, instead of getting frustrated or confused, simply put it in your “I Don’t Understand It” file and leave it alone. If you go through life trying to figure out why something bad happened, why it didn’t work out, why my child didn’t get healed, it’s going to cause you to be bitter. Part of trusting God means trusting Him when things don’t make sense, knowing that His plan is always for your good; knowing that He will reveal all things in His time — even if it means in eternity.
Here’s what I’ve learned. Don’t put a question mark where God has put a period. What the enemy meant for evil, God will ultimately use for your good. Keep moving forward because God loves you, God is for you, and He has a great plan for you!
A PRAYER FOR TODAY
Precious Lord, today I surrender my questions, I surrender my past, I surrender my need to have all the answers and choose to trust that You have all the answers. I will wait on Your timing to reveal Your ways to me and choose to press forward into the destiny You have prepared for me in Jesus’ name. Amen.
— Joel & Victoria Osteen

No comments:

Post a Comment