Earth Hour

Thursday 11 August 2011

Unlikely help!!! Ubuntu still exists...

Monday 20 june, started off as a normal day, woke up at 4:30am. Was trying to multi-task at the same time I was running late. My phone rang which was my q to leave the house. As I was leaving my bedroom I peeped into my handbag making sure everything I needed was there. At the same time I was making mental notes for the event I was planning.

The drive to joburg was painless, I was busy updating my friend(who had me sacrificisng my sleep coz she needed company) bout the upcoming event I was planning. My friend dropped me off at the bus stop. I confidently hopped on to the taxi, feeling more beautiful than ever... The problem only came when I had to pay for the taxi ride... I searched everywhere for my wallet even in the most unlikely places... When I was finally convinced that I ddnt hv my wallet, I fumbled thru my bag, counting my loose change hoping t cud amount to R5... Confusion struck, ddnt knw wat to tell the taxi driver... As you might knw, taxi drivers can be very rude and arrogant... While I was trying to come up with a plan, the taxi driver bellowed something in his language which I translated into "Pay up young lady"... I recounted my loose change hoping that by some miracle I nw had R5... At a loss of words and a plan, I heard a soft voice asking me how much I needed... I cudnt believe my ears, I wanted to tell her that I wud pay her back but then I realised that t was highly unlikely (So I made a mental note that I will pay it forward (help the next person))... I softly told the lady that I was R1 short... After I had paid, the taxi driver had a field day with me, luckily I my stop wasnt that far away... When I alighted the taxi I cud feel tears rushing into my eyes.... For a moment I toyed with the idea of letting the tears stream down my face but then something hit me... At that moment I told myself to count it all pure joy, especially since my belief in Ubuntu had been restored... I told the devil that he was a liar and that all my plans wud go accordingly!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment